Magial things

"We hold all sorts of magical things inside ourselves - ideas, poetry, stories, paintings, unique ways to solve problems. Our challenge lies in finding the path to allow the magic out, to express our creative selves." ~ C. Diane Ealy, Ph.D.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Waterseller Ghost

Study of The Waterseller of Seville (Velazquez)1618-1622 I did in class . Water mixable oil on Acrylic pad. I chose only 3 of the elements from his painting I did not included the boy and the old man, as I am not good with people yet. The Ghost is a man standing in line in the shadow, but I saw a ghost instead, OOOOw. As I looked at his painting the more I liked it. You can Google The Waterseller to see the painting it's history and his other art. I liked the water mixable oil it was different and blended nicely and layering washes nicely. Rich colors as well and the look of oils .
Posted by Picasa